Visa Information

For international students


If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply for the Student visa (subclass 500).

You can apply for the following types of study on this visa:

  • English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)

  • Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses –a registered VET course or a registered course for the award of an advanced diploma

You may be able to package your courses if you would like to study more than one course. This is known as course packaging.

For more information visit


About this visa

This visa is for students who want to come to Australia to study at a registered education institution.

What this visa lets you do

  • You can study a registered full-time course in Australia.

  • Eligible family members can accompany you to Australia.

  • You and your family members can generally work a specified number of hours.

  • You can generally stay in Australia until your course is finished.

Before you apply for this visa, you must have

  • been accepted to study full-time in a registered course at Stirling Institute of Australia


Taking the next step is easy!